Current scientific research continues to demonstrate the role of the nervous system in all matters of health. Papers on the nervous system and the immune response1; the nervous system and diseases like Psoriasis2; the nervous system and cholesterol 3; Chronic back pain4; the nervous system and diabetes5; the nervous system and inflammation6 are just a few examples of the new thinking in health.
- Nerve cells tied to immune system New York times – Thursday, May 13, 1993
- Discovery Could Help Explain Reports Linking Diseases Like Psoriasis to Stress By – Gina Kolata
- Beyond Cholesterol – by Judith Mandelbaum – Schmid from Body and Soul July/August 2004
- Vania Apkarian, Yamaya Sosa, Sreepadma Sonty, Robert M. Levy, R. Norman Harden, Todd B. Parrish, and Darren R. Gitelman. Chronic Back Pain is Associated with Decreased Prefrontal and Thalamic Gray Matter Density, The Journal of Neuroscience, November 17, 2004, 24(46): 10,410-10,415.
- 5 Diabetes Breakthrough – Toronto scientists cure disease in mice. Tom Blackwell, National Post Published: Friday, December 15, 2006
- 6 Inflammation: A nervous connection – Nature 421, 328-329 (23 January 2003) | doi:10.1038/421328a – Claude Libert